In this article, we will learn how to make a community post on YouTube. While scrolling through YouTube, have you ever come across a random poll or a post? If yes, then you must know that these are known as ‘community posts.’
Community posts are a relatively new addition to YouTube and are an efficient tool to enhance and promote your content. If you want to increase your reach and insights, community posts can serve your purpose and do wonders.
1. What are Community Posts on YouTube?
Community posts are like feeds that we come across on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Creating community posts keeps your subscribers and viewers engaged with interesting posts, polls, or information about anything that may or may not be related to your channel.
Moreover, you can share news and information or even promote brands through such posts.
2. How to Make a Community Post on YouTube (on Desktop)
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make a community post on YouTube. The procedure is quite simple and will only take a few clicks.
- Step 1: Sign in to your YouTube account
- Step 2: Click on your profile picture and select ‘Your Channel’. Alternatively, you can click on the camera-like icon in the top right corner
- Step 3: Click on ‘Community’ that you could see between channels and playlists
- Step 4: Describe your content. It could be a question, poll, promotion, or whatever category that is relevant to your content.
- Step 5: If you are creating a poll, you can add a maximum of 5 options. If the poll is an image poll, you can add only 4 options
- Step 6: Once you are done creating the community post, share it or schedule a post to upload it later. In this way, you can create a community post through your desktop.
3. How to Make a Community Post on YouTube (through iOS/Android device)
Now that we know how to make a community post through the PC, let us see how we can do the same through Android or iOS.
- Step 1: Open YouTube on your Android/iOS device
- Step 2: Sign in to your YouTube account
- Step 3: Tap on the ‘Create’ icon at the bottom of your screen. The icon looks like a ‘plus symbol’
- Step 4: Tap ‘Create post’
- Step 5: Describe your content or add a poll/image poll
- Step 6: Tap on ‘Post’ or if you want to post later tap on ‘Schedule’
In this way, you can create a community post through your Android and iOS.
4. Things to Remember Before Creating a Community Post
Before making a community post, it is important to keep a few things in mind:
- You can share only up to 5 images or GIFs in a post
- The size of the image or GIF should not exceed 16 MB
- To create a community post, you need at least 500 subscribers
- If you are creating polls, you can have maximum 5 options
- The character limit for polls is 65
- If you are making a community post through your handset, you won’t get the video option in post box. So you need to go to the particular video and then click on ‘Share’.
5. Advantages of Making YouTube Community Posts
Let’s take a look at some of the advantages of YouTube community posts
- You can advertise a product or brand
- You can conduct polls and get feedback from your subscribers
- You can share the link of your new video or channel in order to notify your viewers
- You can ask random questions to your subscribers and get their opinions
- You can share your pictures with your viewers
- YouTube’s community post may appear randomly on anyone’s feed, so you may end up getting new viewers and subscribers.
6. Errors You May Encounter:
These are the commonly encountered problems you may encounter while making a YouTube community post:
- You are not signed in to your YouTube account
- You do not 500 subscribers yet on your channel
7. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Why I can’t make community posts on YouTube channel?
A. If your channel’s audience is fixed on ‘only for kids’ then you won’t get the option of creating community posts. Moreover, to create a post, you must have at least 500 subscribers. Once you attain that number, the community tab will appear automatically.
Q. Why the community section is unavailable even after getting 500 subscribers?
A. As per YouTube guidelines, after gaining 500 subscribers, the community tab will be available to you within 7 days.
Q. Do my subscribers get notified after I post on my community tab?
A. Your subscribers will get notifications occasionally and not every time you make a community post.
Q. How do I enable community posts section on YouTube without 500 subscribers?
A. Unfortunately, you cannot create community posts without gaining 500 subscribers.
Q. What could you publish on YouTube community tab?
A. There are several benefits of community posts, if used effectively. You could promote your newly uploaded video, create a poll/image polls, share pictures or ask your subscribers their opinion on some particular topic. The stage is all yours.
Q. Can community posts be deleted once published?
A. Yes. To delete a community post – Locate the post you want to delete > click on the grey arrow that you see in the top right corner > click on ‘delete post’ from drop down menu > click on ‘OK’. The post will now be deleted.
So we got you covered on how to make a community post on YouTube and also how to create one. The more creative the post is, the more response you are likely to get. Now interacting with viewers is more intriguing and more efficient.
While creating a community post, it is advisable that you comply with the YouTube community guidelines and policies to ensure that your content is not explicit and suitable for all viewers.
You might be interested in: 12 Ways How Technology Changed Our Lives