There are plenty of fun things to see and do in New York, but nothing beats a trip to one of the state’s amusement parks for good old-fashioned family fun.
There are more than enough amusement parks New York to keep everyone entertained, but these are the best.
Two Most Famous Amusement Parks in New York
1. Luna Park
The Coney Island Cyclone is a wooden roller coaster that opened in 1927 and is now operated by Luna Park. It was built as part of the Astroland theme park.
Luna Park in Coney Island is the largest and most well-known playground in New York City and has been around for more than 130 years.
- Luna Park offers visitors from all over the world as well as residents of New York a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the seaside with family-friendly attractions and entertainment, shoppiand dining on the boardwalk, thrill rides, and special events.
- This park adds timeless charm, historic landmarks, and exciting novelty attractions to the iconic Coney Island skyline.
- Luna Park in Coney Island, which employs more than 1200 people and has over 50 games, ridFerrisrris wheel, and roller coasters, is a fun-filled, world-class destination for people of all ages and is adjacent to nearly three miles of sandy beaches, two and a half miles of the boardwalk, and other top attractions.
Here is a youtube video which is abthe out Top 10 rides at Luna Park, you can refer to this video for exploring more exciting rides.
Luna Park on Coney Island
1000 Surf Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11224
1.2. Some Restaurants near the Amusement Parks New York
- Teraza Restaurant LoungeAddress: 825 Surf Ave Floor 2, Brooklyn, NY 11224, United States
- Hi Food CafeAddress: 3078 Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11235, United States
- Half MoonAddress: 1000 Surf Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11224, United States
2. Sylvan Beach Amusement Park
Sitting at the jap shore of Oneida Lake, Sylvan Beach Amusement Park is an unfashionable entertainment park with sports that the complete own circle of relatives can enjoy. The choice of conventional halfway rides consists of bumper boats, a tilt-a-whirl, and a curler coaster, and there also are masses of amusing carnival-fashion video games and arcade video games to select from. Food may be bought from the on-web web page snack shack and burger stand. Brave traffic can stick around after the park closes to take a spooky guided ghost excursion off the property, and the park’s hours of operation range in step with the season.
112 Bridge Street, Sylvan Beach, NY 13157
2.2. Some Restaurants near this Amusement Parks New York
You can find many food courts inside the amusement park but if you want to step outside the park to find some restaurants nearby then here is a little list
- Snack ShackAddress: Sylvan Beach, NY 13308, United States
- Pizza Grill and KingAddress: 404 Main St, Sylvan Beach, NY 13157, United States
- The Lake House at Sylvan BeachAddress: 301 Park Ave, Sylvan Beach, NY 13157, United States
- Sunset GrillAddress: 1319 Main St, Sylvan Beach, NY 13157, United States
- Carbones BeachsideAddress: 1208 Main St, Sylvan Beach, NY 13157, United States
3. Some Seasonal Amusement Park
3.1. Rye Playland/ Playland Park
Playland, sometimes known as Rye Playland, is a seasonal amusement park open from May to September. The park features over 50 rides and activities.
Since its 1928 debut, Playland’s renowned “Dragon” roller coaster has towered over this Art Deco icon, and the breathtaking drop from the top still thrills tourists.
This National Monument Landmark is home to many more vintage amusement park marvels, such as the “Derby Racing,” which has “steeds” that “gallop. (there are only two originals left in the U.SDivedown the wet log flume, take the kids to the biggest Kiddyland in the neighborhood, skate around the indoor ice rink, or relax by the lake at the picnic area and sandy beach.
1 Playland Pkwy, Rye NY 10580-2741
3.1.2. Some restaurants near this amusement pain rks new york
- Telly’s Taverna108 Abendroth Ave, Port Chester, NY 10573-4331
- Pier Restaurant and Tiki Bar1 Playland Pkwy, Rye, NY 10580-2741
- On the Way Cafe34 Ridgeland Ter Off Forest Ave. – Opposite Playland Entrance, Rye, NY 10580-3407
- La Panetiere530 Milton Rd, Rye, NY 10580-3304
- La Casa Pizza1014 Fort Salonga Rd Ste 6, Northport, NY 11768-2273
4. Love Water Parks?
4.1 Splash Down Beach
A water park called SplashDown Beach can be found near Fishkill, New York, which is close to New York City. Everyone will find plenty to enjoy at this family-friendly park, which provides a diverse range of attractions and recreational opportunities.
Swim in the family pool, float down the lazy rver, or leap over the wave pool’s high crests. A kiddie aqua park with kiddie rides and waterslides is available for the little ones.
Speaking of slides, this place has a variety, including the six-story Arctic Mammoth ride and racer waterslides. On The Megalodon raft ride, you can experience zero gravity if you dare.
16 Old Route 9 West Fishkill, NY 12524
4.1.2. Some restaurants near this amusement parks new york
- THE TOMATO CAFE, 1123 Main St, Fishkill, NY 12524, United States
- Antonella’s Pizzeria & Restaurant, 738 US-9, Fishkill, NY 12524, United States
- Feeling Kinda Kozy, 1126 Main St, Fishkill, NY 12524, United States
- Eleven 11, 1111 Main St, Fishkill, NY 12524, United States
- Sapore Italian Restaurant, 1108 Main St, Fishkill, NY 12524, United States
4.2. Thunder Island Water Park
The northern New York city of Fulton, NY, is home to Thunder Island Water Park, another water park. This park is ideal for your summer vacation because it offers fun and exciting things to do for people of all ages, including adults.
There are eight slides available here, including a kiddie slide, an enclosed slide, and a regular innertube slide. For kids, there will be a special aquatic playground with water jets, a miniature lazy river, and additional activities and attractions.
Each person has access to the five pools and can unwind in the lounge areas’ sun loungers and umbrellas. Check out the mini-golf course, go-kart track, carousel, or zipline trip if you prefer more sedate pursuits. There is also an arcade where you may play entertaining video games, Skee Ball, and other activities while enjoying the air conditioning.
Because parking and admission are both free, families on a tight budget love this water park in Fulton, New York (you pay for the attractions). You can bring a cooler with yown food, purchase lunch at the café, or rent a safe deposit box for your belongings. From the beginning of June to Labor Day, Thunder Island is open every day.
21 Wilcox Road | Fulton, NY
4.1.2. Some restaurants near this amusement parks new york
- El Mezquite de Luna, 930 S 1st St, Fulton, NY 13069, United States
- Muskies Sports Bar & Grill, 583 S 1st St, Fulton, NY 13069, United States
- J&T’s Flippin Chicken Bbq, 504 W Broadway, Fulton, NY 13069, United States
- Chick N Chop J B’s, 720 W Broadway, Fulton, NY 13069, United States
- Uly’s Seafood, 124 W 3rd St S, Fulton, NY 13069, United States
5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What are the best amusement parks located on Long Island?
PlayLand, Luna Park, and Adventure park are the best 3 amusement parks which are located on long island. All these amusement parks have many amazing rides like bumper cars, Ferris wheel, and roller coasters. These 3 parks will provide you a great entertainment value.
- Can you drink alcohol inside amusement parks new york?
No, drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited inside all the amusement parks new york.
- Which theme parks are best for water rides?
Seabreeze amusement park is one of the best theme parks if you are searching for water rides, It has many rides which are suitable for the whole family. It is suitable for people of all age groups. Daniel Lake is also a great choice for water rides, it also has pretty good water rides for family-friendly fun
- Mostly which amusement park has a huge crowd?
Most amusement parks new york have a h of the crowd but topreciseific, Luna Park attracts a huge crowd because of its fun rides.
And Rye Playland also attracts a huge crowd as it is a seasonal amusement park and has a dozen attractions.
- Which theme park has an ice skating rink available?
The Rye Playland has an ice skating ring available along with many exciting games like mini golf and more.
- Which are the top theme parks for kids?
Luna Park, Adventure Island, and Six Flags Great escape are the top 3 theme parks for kids, as all of them have a large variety of rides and games which are enjoyable and perfect for kids and toddlers.
- Which amusement parks are best for carnival-style games?
If you are looking for one of the best amusement parks, which is having carnival-style games then no doubt you should visit Luna Amusement park. It has many carnival-style games and exciting rides. For more details check out the 2 Famous Amusement parks New York section in the above list
- Which theme parks are best for toddlers?
Fantasy Forest amusement park is a great choice for toddlers and as well as teenagers
Now if you are in New York then you m be finding Hotel rooms for rest after visiting and completing your day in amusement parks wa ith great experiance, then you can read this article about Best Premium Apartment Rentals in New York